Wednesday 18 March 2015

WIPW - Taking Off

The line up for this week's Work In Progress Wednesday is:

*something taking off
*something stepping up
*something creeping up
*something being locked up

Swedish Wool Embroidery Conveyor Belt Needle Case
I assembled the three needle cases - conveyor belt style. Before I remembered to take out my camera, one had already taken off on an air mail journey to Sweden.
Here are the remaining two, though:

Pile 'em On
This week the pulled work was these green Diagonal Satin Filling Stitches that are stepping up inside a flame. Or are they leading downwards?


 In the circle something is creeping up - they are pink Drizzle stitches (TAST #35).

TASTy Beads Galore
All the 17 beaded TAST stitches have now been used, so I am locking up this beaded panel, with the final TAST #131 Beaded Lock Stitch.

I will need to make a frame or mount the piece on board. This is what it looks like at the moment, and it will remain locked up until I have decided what to do. A new UFO?

Actually all my projects will become UFOs for a couple of weeks. I will be unable to sew, blog and read blogs on a regular basis, so please forgive me for not replying to any comments, nor visiting others'  blogs.
I hope to be back to normal routines some time in April.


13 comments:

Pamela said...

Beautiful needle cases and great progress on all your projects. I hope you are going on a wonderful vacation or doing something equally fun.

Julie Fukuda said...

Take care! I will be thinking of you.

J Honda said...

just wonderful - like them "line up" too :)

Janie said...

Your needle cases are gorgeous and your other stitching just shows how beautiful embroidery can get! Bless you, I will miss you but will be thinking of you. Take care!

chitra said...

The needle cases look fantastic. the satin filling are stepping up. the drizzle stitches are lovely. TASTy beads galore looks fabulous. the individual flowers did not prepare me for this wonderful bouquet. well done!
I 'll miss reading about your interesting projects and your visits to my blog. Take care!

Annet said...

Your needlecases are very pretty. I think you could use the same pattern for a keycase in different materials. Thanks vor sharing a photo of your completed bead gallore, it's just gorgous. In time it sill tell you what it wants to be. Take care!

Séverine said...

your needlecases are beautiful and I love your flowers.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like the close up photo of the pink drizzle. I'll keep an eye out for your new posts in April.

Tanya said...

Hi Carin! Your needle cases are so beautiful! I treasure mine! I hope you are doing good things while you aren't able to sew, blog or read blogs!

crazyQstitcher said...

The needlecases are so lovely and I like the different 'pulls'. The pulled work patterns make such a difference to the same cloth. You inspire me and when I find time I will try my hand at this work.
The pile em on is mounting for sure.
and the little glimpses of the beaded TAST stitching has been intriguing but seeing the whole it is gorgeous. A delight for anyone's eyes.

Anonymous said...

Your needle cases are lovely and the beaded flowers are gorgeous, I think that they will be very nice framed!

Deepa said...

Beautiful needle cases. Have not heard about Swedish wool embroidery. Does it use the same 2 ply wool as in crewel work? So much to learn...

Ulla said...

The lovely Woolworths make me so happy.the embroideries are so bright and full of spring/summer.Perfect gifts and perfect to use egen you are on travels or workshops.wish you the best and Hopefully you are back in april .Enjoy the beautiful springtime.