Sunday 25 June 2017

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 26: Zig-zag Stitch

Welcome to Sunday Stitch School where we have reached the end of the alphabet. This lesson will feature a stitch beginning with Z, the Zig-zag Stitch.

French name: Point Zig-zag en Croix.

I have found it in several books and tinkered with it before. It is easy and fun.

Work it like this:




Take a double straight stitch at the end of the row, then begin the return journey.



Aren't they nice?

On my Aida sampler I made the mistake of using variegated thread, NOT a good idea.

Homework:
Fill a square on this 'fake' canvas. There should be no problem, this time!?

15 comments:

Pamela said...

All the way through the alphabet. Nice job!

Rachel said...

It looks almost like a little fence, doesn't it!

Queeniepatch said...

If there had been easy-to-find stitches beginning with the three last letters in the Swedish alphabet, Å, Ä Ö, I would have had three more alphabet stitches. I have not found any such stitches and don't want to create any more just yet. There are so many real stitches out there.

crazyQstitcher said...

An easy one (as if the others were not) to finish the term. I have just enough space to complete the alphabet.

Queeniepatch said...

Yes, a fancy fence, and if you made one section a wee bit larger or in a different colour you would have the gate, too!

Queeniepatch said...

Easy and fun. I've already completed my homework!

Janie said...

I like that stitch in solid and variegated. I think a whole block of it would be gorgeous.

margaret said...

Queenie you really are an expert of sharing instructions they are so clear and detailed

Anonymous said...

Bonjour,
Voici le nom français pour ce joli point, que je n'ai jamais utilisé :
- Point zigzag en croix
et le point précédent, je n'ai rien trouvé bien sûr,
je dirais en point en Y
Voilà
Mattia

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you Mattia,
I will update the post.

Queeniepatch said...

The instructions are simply photos, but I hope they are clear.

Queeniepatch said...

A whole block of it is interesting, as if you can't see the single stitch it is build up of.

Annet said...

I'm sure this will be a nice filling stitch on your sampler.

Queeniepatch said...

Filling that square did not take long and I am pleased with the result. I'll post it on Friday.

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitches and good explanations!